aREA Art opportunities
- DEADLINE FOR ENTRY for the LAKE COUNTRY ART SHOW at the OPOMAC in Graham is August 1 & 2. Opening reception is August 5th. Show runs through August 25th. For more information contact the OPOMAC at (940) 549-1470.
- DEADLINE FOR ENTRY for the BORN TO BE WILD ART SHOW is August 27, 28, & 29. The Show runs from September 1st thru 10th in Gainesville. Call Pam Ingrahm at GAVA for more information (214-537-9120) or Joe Conner (940-613-6939).
- DEADLINE FOR ENTRY is September 6, 2017 for the Mystery Art Event at the Kemp Center in Wichita Falls. Grand party will be Friday, October 27th with silent and live auction. For more information, go to www.artscouncilwf.org or call the Kemp Center at (940) 767-2787.
- JURYING DEADLINES FOR COWBOY TRUE EXHIBIT & AUCTION is September 15, 2017, November 15, 2017, January 15, 2018, and February 15, 2018 at the J.S. Bridwell Ag Center in Wichita Falls. Show is April 13 & 14, 2018. For more information, call the Arts Council at (940) 766-3347 or email to email@example.com.
- ENTRY & SHOW SEPTEMBER 16TH for the 59th ANNUAL ARTS SHOW & CRAFTS FAIR sponsored by the Clay County Art Association and Clay County Pioneer Reunion & Rodeo on the Courthouse lawn. Both Adult & Youth divisions (Watercolor, Oils, Acrylics, Patels, Sculpture, Drawing, Mixed Media, Pottery, Decorative Painting, Photography, Computer Graphics). Cash awards and ribbons. For more information call C.H. Dowdy (940-723-2077) or Ray Schnitker (940-781-3808) or Terry Reed (940-636-2882).
- 2018 WATERCOLOR WORKSHOP BY SOON Y. WARREN sponsored by CTAA: July 18, 19 & 20th! We will be taking deposits beginning April 1st, 2018. Cost of the the three day workshop is $150, including a $50 deposit to reserve a spot. The subjects for the two paintings will be an iris and a marble. The place will be the Fellowship Hall of the Central Christian Church in Nocona. MARK YOUR CALENDARS! For more information contact Gale Cochran-Smith at (940) 872-2517 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org