our members' activities
We like to feature our members' activities in the world of art on this website. Please feel free to visit their shows and events!
- Jennifer Hammer won Best of Show in the Chisholm Trail Art Show
- Cindy Westbrook won 2nd Place Painting and Don MacLaughlin won 3rd Place Painting in the Chisholm Trail Art Show
- Members Jennifer Hammer, Jack Milchanowski, Larry G. Lemons, Gale Cochran-Smith, Cindy Westbrook, Don MacLaughlin, Willetta Crowe, Sharon Brown and Jesse Coulson have work in the Chisholm Trail Art Show at Tales 'N' Trails Museum through August 15th.
- Jennifer Hammer is giving the artist presentation for the Graham Art Guild in the medium of CitraSolv for their October meeting on October 27th at 2pm
- Carolyn Bassham has published her second children's book, "What To Do About Joy"
- Jesse Coulson won two awards for his work at the Chicken & Bread Days Art Show in Bowie
- Willetta Crowe received two awards in the Photography Show at the State Fair of Texas
- Jesse Coulson has published his second book, "Reflections on Love and Faith" featuring his poetry and photography
- Cindy Westbrook was the Artist in Residence this summer at Hot Springs National Park in Arkansas
- Willetta Crowe and Gale Cochran-Smith won Second and Third Place respectively at the WFAA Photography show
- Jack Milchanowski was awarded Third Place in the Lake Country Art Show at the OPOMAC
- Jennifer Hammer had work accepted in the 2016 Art at the OPOMAC National Juried Show
- Judy Gelfert had work accepted in the 25th Anniversary Oil Painters of America National Juried Exhibition
- Gale Cochran-Smith's watercolors were on display at the Bowie Public Library February through April
- Both Cindy Westbrook and Brenda Thompson took home awards at the 50th Annual Community Art Show. Their work was on display through April 8th at the NCTC Art Building in Gainesville.
- Linda Makinney shows her pottery each month at Bowie Trade Days
- Carolyn Bassham just published her first book, "What To Do About Meribelle"
- Ann Ayres just published her first book, "The Cowgirl Who Wants to Ride Buckers" - illustrated by Gale Cochran-Smith
- Jesse Coulson, Gwen Coulson and Cindy Westbrook all took home awards in Bowie's Chicken and Bread Days art show!
- Willetta Crowe had two photographs place in the State Fair of Texas Photo Contest - a Best of Show, 1st Place, and a 3rd Place!
- Gale Cochran-Smith's photographs can be seen at the Red River Station Inn in Nocona
- Cindy Westbrook will be the Artist in Residence at Agate Fossil Beds National Monument for two weeks starting the last week in July as part of the Arts in the Park program at our national parks and monuments
- Jennifer Hammer has artwork accepted for the 24th Annual Juried Art Show at the Breckenridge Fine Art Center, running from July 28th through September 5th
- Ann Ayres has artwork on display at the Holder Dane Gallery & Art Studio in Grapevine
- Judy Gelfert has artwork on display at the Upstairs Gallery in Arlington, March - April
- Jan Reid has artwork on display at the Martus Bookstore & Gallery in Saint Jo
- Jack Milchanowski has artwork at the Cowboy True Event in Wichita Falls, March 27-29
- Sharon Brown received honorable mention for her art piece "Deep in the Heart of Texas" at the 2014 Texas State Fair
- Jennifer Hammer, Jack Milchanowski, and Gale Cochran-Smith have artwork at the Breckenridge Fine Art Center's Big Country Art League Art Show from January 13 to February 21
- Stan Briney has published his third novel titled "Thunder at River Station"
- Judy Gelfert will be teaching 3 morning classes on January 10, 17 and 31st in Arlington at the Upstairs Gallery
- Jesse Coulson has published his first book, a children's story titled "Little Green Worm"
- Judy Gelfert's work can be seen at the Marta Stafford Fine Art Gallery in Marble Falls and the Good Art Company in Fredericksburg.
- Don MacLaughlin and Ginger Walker have artwork at The Gallery in Nocona
- Linda Makinney shows her pottery each month at Trade Days in Bowie